There’s a constant, overwhelming influx of information and updates: closings, precautions, warnings, etcetera on the Coronavirus a.k.a COVID-19 a.k.a. what the media has portrayed as our worst nightmare. Whether you’re watching the news or scrolling through social media, this information can for sure be overwhelming and quite frankly, scary.
Isaiah 43:1 “Don’t fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine.”
The reality is we don’t know how long this pandemic will last and affect our daily lives. However, instead of letting fear control us during this time of uncertainty, let’s proactively plan for our sustainability and future.
Here are some lifestyle and money tips to help you get control during COVID-19:
- Cancel unnecessary subscriptions and memberships
- See what free/discounted resources are available nationally, regionally and locally
- Invest in yourself – maximize the time home to learn or create something new
- Be aware of potential scam attempts
- Don’t waste money on unnecessary things i.e. clothes, shoes, etc.
- Contact your lenders and loan service companies
- Keep track of credit reports
- Look out for seniors
- Don’t over-buy out of fear
- Take advantage of lower interest rates/refinance
- Keep some cash on hand
- Look for opportunities to cut expenses – reevaluate your needs versus you
Remember this too shall pass. Be sure to keep up with us as we go through social distancing together.
Be sure to keep up with us on social media for updates – @mydfree.