FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The trip to Ghana is from October 10 to 20, 2017
Airline: Delta Airlines
DEPART: Tuesday, Oct. 10
ARRIVE: Wednesday, Oct. 11
RETURN: Friday, Oct. 20
ARRIVE: Friday Oct. 20
Is the trip for First Baptist members only?
No, this trip is opened to all persons regardless of affiliation. However, participants must adhere to the itinerary.
What are the hotel accommodations?
La Palm Royal Beach Resort, Golden Tulip Hotel, Capital View Hotel, Coconut Grove Regency Hotel.
What is the purpose of the trip?
- Historical pilgrimage to the slave trade
- Emersion into local culture
- Missions outreach and worship service
How much does it cost?
- $3,999 round trip coach/double occupancy shared room
- $3,999 round trip coach/double occupancy couple
- $4,799 round trip coach/single occupancy standard room
What is included in the cost?
The cost includes round trip coach airfare to Ghana, all hotel accommodations, local transportation, all meals, and fees for all attractions.
What is not included in the cost?
Tips, and beverages/snacks outside mealtime
Is there a Payment Plan?
- Standard Double: $699 non-refundable deposit by Feb 28, plus 6 monthly payments of $550
- King Bed Couple: $699 non-refundable deposit by Feb 28, plus 6 monthly payments of $550
- Standard Single: $899 non-refundable deposit by Feb 28, plus 6 monthly payments of $650
- Full Payment can be made at anytime; checks, cash and/or credit cards are accepted. Call 844-693-3733 Ext. 5 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All checks must be payable to: dfree Foundation
When is the registration deadline? March 1, 2017
When can participants start making payments?
- Online registration and payments will be available at www.mydfree.org/ghana2017 from January 21.
- To pay by cash/check, please contact 844-693-3733 Ext. 5 or email@example.com
Registration may be cancelled on or before April 30. There will be no refunds, but transfer of package will be possible until May 15. To cancel/transfer, please contact 844-693-3733 Ext. 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
What is the travel itinerary?
Accra, Kumasi, Koforidua, Kyebi, Cape Coast, Accra – Please see the itinerary for more details.
Other Potential Costs
- Passport – must be valid for at least 6 months from the travel date (Contact the US post office or visit www.usps.com/passport immediately if you need one).
- Vaccinations (consult your physician or your local hospital – Infectious Disease Dept.)
- Spending money
- Travel Insurance
Will I be able to access the internet?
Yes, all hotels on this trip provide WiFi access.
What are the requirements for traveling to Ghana?
Passport, Visa, and Proof of Yellow Fever shot are required by Ghana law.
- Passports – should be obtained as early as possible. If you already have a passport, ensure it has not expired and that it will be valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel. Contact US Post Office about a passport.
- The visa application process can take up to 3 weeks (including mailing time) when you will not have your passport. Kindly take this into consideration when you make travel plans and advise us about any conflicts you may have.
- Vaccinations/Shots should be taken at least 2 weeks before travel date; Contact your personal physician or your local hospital.
- Visa – a tourist visa is required for stay of up to 30 days (extendable)
- Visas will be processed for the group. There will be no need for individuals to take documents to the Ghanaian Consulate in New York or the Embassy in Washington D. C.
- Visa application fees are included in the cost
- An invitation letter and itinerary will be provided
- You must provide 2 recent passport photos not older than 6 months. CVS and Walgreens have instant passport photo service.
- Visas will be single entry only. The option to get a multiple entry visa is also available.
- All questions may be directed to email@example.com or 844-mydfree (844-693-3733)
When will visa applications be made?
All visa applications must be submitted by June 1, 2017, that allows enough time for passport renewals and applications to be completed.
Will children be allowed to participate?
Yes, 13 and older if accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Will the hotels be air conditioned?
Will there be time for sightseeing and shopping?
What is the exchange rate?
www.coinmill.com is a reliable resource for current exchange rates
Should participants carry cash?
Yes, it is highly recommended that you carry cash for the trip. ATMs are also available in most locations. Remember to check with your card service to ensure you can use an ATM in Ghana and what charges may apply. Also, contact your card service and notify them you are traveling to Ghana.
Should I purchase Traveler’s checks?
No, do not bring traveler’s checks.
What is the weather like in October?
The temperature in Ghana is between 75 and 90 degrees. Please pack sunscreen protection.
What kind of clothing should I bring?
- Dress casual and comfortably; respectful shorts and swimwear; comfortable shoes for short hikes.
- Dress for church – smart casual but no jeans.
Is insurance required?
- No, obtaining medical or travel insurance is a personal decision. Check with your healthcare provider.
- Travel insurance is available at the airport and online.
Is there a frequent flyer program?
Yes, visit delta.com for the frequent flyer program.
Are there baggage limits and fees?
Yes, visit delta.com for baggage information.
Can medication be carried on the plane?
Yes, always bring your medication in your purse or carry-on bag where they are easily accessible.
How will special needs be handled?
Communicate your needs early. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 844-mydfree.
Can I use my cell phone while in Ghana?
Please check with your service provider about roaming service and charges that may apply.
Will there be photos taken during the trip, or should people just bring their camera?
A professional photographer will travel with the group. Please feel free to also bring your own camera, but always listen to tour guide announcements about local protocols concerning taking pictures.
How will updates and details be communicated to participants prior to travel?
A monthly conference call will be arranged to answer questions, and give updates and progress reports.
When will people find out their roommate assignments?
During one of the conference calls after all participants are confirmed and visas are secured. If you have a person for your roommate, please provide the name during registration.
Are there any helpful links for Travelers to Ghana?
Yes, here are some helpful links to visit: